Greetings, Hillcrest community!

Hi there,

Ms. Ruhr in Lisbon this past summer

Ms. Ruhr in Lisbon this past summer

My name is Michal Ruhr (aka ‘Ms. Ruhr’) and I am thrilled to be teaching one of Hillcrest Middle’s Grade 6/7 MACC class this year!

I am going into my 8th year of teaching and have taught in several schools, the last 3 years having been at Como Lake Middle. In 7 years, I have taught pretty much every subject and level from Kindergarten to Grade 8. I have worked with gifted students before but am excited to do so within a classroom setting!

When I am not working, I can usually be found spending time outdoors, hiking or doing some other sort of physical activity (but hiking – and snowshoeing, in the winter – are my favourites). 🙂

My other loves include: family & friends, photography, film, reading, chocolate, and traveling. I was born in Peru and moved to Canada when I was almost 6 years old, and the travel bug bit me then, I’m sure. I have been fortunate enough to explore parts of North & South America, Africa (only Kenya…so far), and Europe. I think it’s magical that there is so much to see and do in this world!

I look forward to meeting my new students & their families, as well as continuing to build upon the lovely community at Hillcrest Middle. And with Ms. Abbot and Mr. Wiskar – both of whom I have had the great privilege of knowing for the past few years – at my side, this is bound to be a terrific year!

Hope this message finds you all well,
Ms. Ruhr